Weston Kids

Weston Kids

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Runner Mom

My running adventures are this girl's peace.  I do have a love/hate relationship with running, but mostly it's love.  I love being outside...it's very refreshing and renewing for me...especially with having 4 kids.  

Today I did my normal route.  I've been avoiding part of the trail I go on since my 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago because my left foot had been bugging me, but since I felt great, I did the extra trail today.  I push my son Owen (who is 2) in a jogging stroller pretty much every day I go out.  It's a great extra calorie burner, plus when I do go run alone, I feel extra strong because I'm not pushing around a bunch of extra weight.

Today was a nice sunny day after a few days of blah and rain.  It was great to feel the warmth of the sun on me.  Here are some pics from the run.



I ran 7.25 miles today and was my run #39 for the year.  Wore some new capris today...I normally go black (because they are slimming right??!!), but today I went for a dark gray...was a little nervous because I do sweat when I run and I was worried about looking like I peed myself from the sweat marks.  But none to be seen!  Yay!  

After my run I was FAMISHED...so I made a egg scramble inspired by my hubby.  Eggs with fresh spinach, onions, peppers, mushrooms and sausage.  Topped with salsa.  Super yummy!!


My next run will be Friday...weather permitting.  Plus I do have a crossfit class tomorrow morning for some strength training.  Yay!  This girl will be in the best shape ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment