Weston Kids

Weston Kids

Sunday, April 1, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 3 - 7up Chicken & Rice

Day 3 of my 30 Day Challenge to try 30 different new recipes.  Today since I knew we'd be out n about most of the day, I decided to try a new crock pot recipe.  This one is a 7up Chicken & Rice recipe...modified it a little and unfortunately with the kids distracting me, forgot to take a pic, but I will post the link to the site I got the recipe from so you can see what it looks like there.

Here is my modified recipe....

3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 4)
10.5 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
12 oz. can of 7UP or lemon lime soda (I used Sprite)
2 c. rice (Minute Rice is best)
1/4 c. of Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/4 c. of flour to help thicken

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Cover with soup and 7UP.  Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.  Add heavy cream & pepper and cook for 30 more minutes until everything is cooked through.  About 10 mins. before serving, add a little flour to help thicken if needed or to your own desire.  Cook minute rice according to packaging instructions.

Serve chicken mixture over rice and serve with a yummy side dish and the biscuits I made from Day 1's challenge go excellent with it.

Here is the link to the site I got the original recipe from.


No comments:

Post a Comment