Weston Kids

Weston Kids

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 9 - Baked Avocado Fries

Well...these didn't turn out the way I had hoped.  Saturday my family and I went to a local Farmer's Market and we happened to pick up 5 avocados while we were there.   Going to make some yummy guacamole!  So I figured I'd try these Avocado Fries with 2 of the avocados.  Split the avocados open to find that they were bad....all but one of the 5 that we bought.  Talk about a total bummer!  I think I should have used the last avocado to make guacamole...cuz these fries didn't taster so yummy....at least to me.  They looked good, but didn't taste so great.  But here is the recipe in case you wanted to try them nonetheless.

Recipe:

 
BAKED AVOCADO FRIES
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
Grated parmesan for serving (optional)

Preheat oven to 450.
Coat avocado slices in the four, then egg, then panko. Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, then place on a cookie sheet.  Spray the top of the wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown (I turned my oven up to 500 for the last 5 minutes).


No comments:

Post a Comment