Weston Kids

Weston Kids

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 6 - Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats

Since my husband has requested burgers and macaroni salad tonight for dinner...I thought I would do a treat for my recipe for the day.  Got a Cheerio Treat recipe off of Pinterest (love that site!) and modified it since I didn't have one of the ingredients...but you can click here to see the original recipe.  The house smells of lovely peanut butter right now and I can't wait for them to cool off for us to try them.  Here are some pics.

Here is the modified recipe.
 
• 1 small bag of mini marshmallows
• 1 c. creamy peanut butter
• 1/2 c. of butter (melted)
• 6 c. Cheerios (I used Honey Nut Cheerios)

In a large sauce pan, combine melted butter, marshmallows & peanut butter. Melt together over medium heat.


Once completely melted together, remove from heat.


Add Cheerios and mix until all coated.


Drop mixture by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to cool.


Makes approximately 2 dozen.


 Melting the marshmallows & peanut butter

 All melted together...ready to add the cheerios

 All done and cooling off.

No comments:

Post a Comment